The Center for Prevention & Counseling is a growing non-profit agency located in Newton NJ, that offers a positive work environment with many benefits and excellent supervision.
We have the following immediate opening, and interested applicants may send cover letters and resumes via email only to Jacqueline Nunn at [email protected].
School Health Specialist Position - Full Time
The Center for Prevention & Counseling, located in Newton NJ, has a full-time School Health Prevention Specialist position available beginning March 1, 2020. This position will include occasional evening and weekend hours. Candidates should have at a minimum a Bachelor’s Degree in the field of Human Services, Community Health, Public Health or Education. The Center has a dynamic prevention team that is committed to reducing substance use disorders and promoting health and wellness. We look forward to expanding our Team!
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist with overall project coordination for Whole School, Community Child (WSCC) project
- Create and maintain positive relationship with all project partners
- Maintain visibility in County through participation on committees and work groups
- Establish and maintain relationships with key stakeholders
- Develop marketing and media materials as it relates to prevention programs and campaigns
- Work cooperatively with project coordinators as it relates to community education
- Provide information, referral, technical assistance and consultation regarding health promotion and prevention
- Keep accurate and detailed records of presentation/curriculum data including process and outcome evaluation tools
- Represent CFPC at public forums, special events, health fairs as well as in meetings and on committees
- Create/maintain relationships with community stakeholders
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Foundation of ATOD knowledge regarding evidence-based prevention and treatment
- Excellent verbal communication skills, including one-on-one, public speaking, and informative presentations
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Well organized, detail oriented and creative
Minimum qualifications are: 1) A Bachelor’s degree in a related field (Public Health, Community Health, Public Policy or Education). Foundation of ATOD knowledge regarding evidence-based prevention and treatment, CHES or CPS preferred or must be willing to pursue and obtain certification. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Publisher, Power Point, Excel).
Please send resume and cover letter to Jacqueline Nunn at [email protected]
Substance Use Counselor – Full Time
Description: Center for Prevention and Counseling is seeking a full time counselor to provide substance use disorder treatment.
Responsibilities: Counselors will facilitate treatment groups and carry an individual caseload.
Requirements: Applicants must be a CADC or counselor intern with a minimum of one-year experience in substance use disorder treatment and excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Evenings are required for this position as well as the ability to work well with a team.