JOB OPENING! – Full-Time Prevention Specialist
The Center for Prevention & Counseling, located in Newton NJ, has a full-time Prevention Specialist position available beginning January 15, 2018. This position will include occasional evening and weekend hours. Candidates should have at a minimum a Bachelor’s Degree in the field of Human Services, Community Health, Public Health or Education. CFPC has a dynamic prevention team that is committed to reducing substance use disorder and promoting health and wellness. We look forward to expanding our Team.
Essential Job Functions:
- Prepare and present age appropriate, asset-based educational and skill building presentations, programs and curriculums in various settings throughout the community including schools, community centers and senior centers.
- WISE (Wellness Initiative for Senior Education) program facilitator
- Develop marketing and media materials as it relates to prevention programs and campaigns
- Work cooperatively with project coordinators as it relates to community education
- Provide information, referral, technical assistance and consultation regarding health promotion and prevention
- Keep accurate and detailed records of presentation/curriculum data including process and outcome evaluation tools
- Represent CFPC at public forums, special events, health fairs as well as in meetings and on committees
- Create/maintain relationships with community stakeholders
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Foundation of ATOD knowledge regarding evidence-based prevention and treatment
- Excellent verbal communication skills, including one-on-one, public speaking, and informative presentations
- Excellent written communication skills including ability to contribute to newsletters
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Well organized, detail oriented and creative
Minimum qualifications are: 1) A Bachelor’s degree in a related field (Public Health, Community Health, Public Policy or Education). Foundation of ATOD knowledge regarding evidence-based prevention and treatment, CHES or CPS preferred or must be willing to pursue and obtain certification. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Publisher, Power Point, Excel).
Please send resume and cover letter to Tina Aue at [email protected]