Full-time Regional Youth Coordinator Position
The Center for Prevention & Counseling, located in Newton NJ, has a full-time Regional Youth Coordinator position available beginning December 1, 2018. This position will include occasional evening and weekend hours. Candidates should have at a minimum a bachelor’s degree in the field of Human Services, Community Health, Public Health or Education. The Center has a dynamic prevention team committed to reducing substance use disorders and promoting health and wellness and we look forward to expanding our team.
Responsibilities of the Regional Youth Coordinator (RYC) include:
- Support the county- based Youth Tobacco Action Groups (YTAGs) in the seven counties of the Northern Region. As the RYC, work with local partners within prevention agencies, schools and communities to help engage youth in tobacco prevention efforts.
- Coordinate and provide training and technical assistance to region including youth, public health professionals and community and school leaders.
- Assist in designing and implementing strategies that foster youth engagement to educate their peers on the dangers of tobacco use including vaping and advocate for best practice policy change on a local, regional and statewide basis.
- Collaborate with other tobacco team members within the Northern region as well as the Central and Southern region and state level partners.
- Provide educational programs, promote media campaigns, and other communication tools to support this tobacco initiative.
- Collect evaluation-related data and work with outside evaluators, as appropriate, to analyze data and create needed reports. Prepare and submit required program reports for funders.
- Travel within state is required throughout each week; Out of state travel required on occasion.
Other duties to support CFPC programs as assigned.
Academic Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree in public health or related field. Training in alcohol, tobacco and other drug prevention a plus.
Required Experience: Minimum 3 to 5 years of experience in public health, tobacco control, and/or substance abuse prevention required. We are particularly looking for individuals with experience in Youth Engagement and/or tobacco control initiatives. Excellent writing skills required. Excellent computer skills, proficiency with Microsoft Office programs required.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to [email protected]