The Wellness Initiative for Senior Education (WISE) Program celebrates healthy aging and educates older adults on a variety of topics including safe medication use, communicating effectively with healthcare providers and strategies for healthy living. WISE is a national program, developed by NJPN that has been grant funded in Sussex County since 2013.
- Learn about the aging process and how to make healthy lifestyle choices
- Celebrate this exciting stage of life and all the benefits that come with it
- Discuss risk factors and behaviors older adults should avoid to stay healthy
- Examine how alcohol, prescription medications and over-the-counter medications affect seniors differently and how they can avoid problems
- Learn how to use simple tools to help you feel more empowered about your health and the healthcare you receive