“Prevention is about delaying the onset of first use, whether alcohol, tobacco or marijuana – the most commonly used substances among teens – until the brain has fully matured. The early someone starts using substances, the greater their chances of developing a substance use disorder (SUD), and the more severe their illness is likely to be,” Addition Policy Forum.
First, it’s important to understand, “What is Prevention?” Please Click Here to Learn More.
Now, as our state is faced with the many challenges of preventing youth use of marijuana, the Center for Prevention & Counseling’s priority is to provide our communities with the most accurate & reliable information, facts & resources about marijuana.
Marijuana Legalization: What We Need to Know to Keep Our Communities Healthy & Safe 3-Part Series
The purpose of this Webinar Series is aligned with the mission of the Coalition for Healthy & Safe Communities, which is to create healthy and safe communities free from substance use disorders, addiction and related issues among people of all ages throughout Sussex County. As the Coalition, it is our top priority to provide education and factual information regarding the significant impacts of marijuana has on our Sussex County communities and persons at risk for addiction.
- Learn About Marijuana Risks
- Marijuana IQ Quiz: How much do you really know about the effects and risks of marijuana?
- Marijuana the Risks are Real
- They Hear You: Talking With Your Child About Marijuana: Keeping Your Kids Safe – Parent Brochure
- They Hear You: Do You Know About Marijuana? Talk With Your Kids About the Facts
- Millions of people are using marijuana and use is on the rise. However, the risks of marijuana use are real. Help spread the message of marijuana risks by watching and sharing these informative videos.
NIH: NIDA Resources
- Does Marijuana Use Affect Driving?
- Marijuana Drug Facts
- Is Marijuana Addictive?
- Marijuana Facts for Teens: Some Things to Think About
- Marijuana Concentrates, Drug Facts
- Marijuana: Facts Parents Need to Know, A Letter to Parents
- Marijuana: Facts Parents Need to Know, Starting the Conversation
- Marijuana: Talking to Your Kids, Communicating the Risks
- What Are the Health Effects of Marijuana?
- What You Need to Know About Marijuana Use & Driving
- What You Need to Know About Marijuana Use in Teens
Smart Approaches to Marijuana
- #PotVapingCrisis Talking Points & Facts
- Marijuana Legalization: Quick Facts
- Driving and Marijuana: Dangerous Mix
- Marijuana Legalization – A Social Injustice
- Marijuana & Insurance in the US
- General Talking Points
- One-Pager on Youth Use
- Marijuana Revenues vs. Reality
- One-Pager on Marijuana’s Costs to Society
- Marijuana’s Cost to the Workplace
- Marijuana Effects on the Environment
- Illegal Diversion of Marijuana: A Growing Problem
- National Youth Data, Marijuana Trends & Statistics
- The Legalization of Marijuana in Colorado: The Impact, Rocky Mountain High Intensity Drug Trafficking Area, Volume 7, 2020 Report
- The Legalization of Marijuana in Colorado: The Impact, Rocky Mountain High Intensity Drug Trafficking Area, Volume 6, 2019 Report
- Youth Behavioral Risk Surveillance Survey (YRBSS), 2019