What is a Community Coalition?
A lot of the time community problems or issues are too big and complicated for a single organization to tackle. It takes a team work to collaborate and develop plans, policies, and strategies to prevent the early onset of substance use in youth and to promote public health.
Community coalitions connect multiple sectors of the community including:
- Law enforcement,
- Faith organizations,
- Health providers, social service agencies, and government
Why Join a Community Coalition?
1) You're a parent who cares about the healthy physical, emotional, and academic development of your child and other youth.
2) You're a business owner or manager who understands that businesses thrive in healthy communities.
3) You're an educator and know healthy environments play a positive role in education.
4) You're a person in long-term recovery who supports preventing youth substance use and helping people with substance use disorders recover.
5) You live work, or play in Sussex County, or nearby and you want the best for your community!