The Center Mission:
To promote health, hope and recovery among all people by fostering a community in which individuals and families thrive.
The Center Vision:
To develop the capacities of adults and children to sustain healthy lifestyles by providing services designed to foster addiction-free lives, emotional wellness, financial stability and safe communities.
What does it mean to volunteer at The Center?
Volunteering at the Recovery Community Center means working side by side with others who believe in a common goal. When volunteering you are not only making connections, you are making a valuable contribution and a positive impact which is vital to our organization’s growth and overall success.
All new volunteers are required to attend a 2-hour Volunteer Orientation. Orientations take place at The Center, 65 Newton Sparta Rd, Newton, NJ 07860. You will be contacted with upcoming orientation dates.
Volunteer Core Values:
- You are in recovery if you say you are
- Support all pathways to recovery
- Focus on the recovery potential, not the pathology
- Everyone has a strength to share
- Recovery is a gift; expect to pay it forward
- The path of recovery is life-long
- Ongoing community support is vital to successful outcomes
- Support the wellness of the whole person