Anger Management is available at The Center using the Century Anger Management Model of Intervention. This is a highly structured, 12-hour core program that teaches participants eight essential tools of anger control. Classes are facilitated by a certified counselor and are held weekly for one hour.
All participants are provided with the workbook Anger Management for the Twenty-First Century, which includes many worksheets and questionnaires to personalize and apply the tools of anger control in their daily lives. Participants are also encouraged to practice the tools between sessions and then briefly share their progress or challenges with the rest of the class. A certificate is issued at the completion of the program, and graduates are invited to return to future classes for a free “tune-up,” if needed.
The goals of Century Anger Management Model of Intervention are:
- To recognize and understand the nature and normalcy of anger as a hard-wired reaction for survival when triggered.
- To understand the high costs of inappropriate anger expression in today’s society.
- To learn that the emotion of anger is separate from the expression of anger.
- To respond to anger triggers in more appropriate ways.
- To learn the skill of assertive communication as an alternative to angry outbursts or suppression of appropriate angry feelings.
- To gain skills in empathy, emotional intelligence, stress management, forgiveness, and improving judgment and impulse control.
An initial intake is required, and participants must be 18 or older to enroll. To schedule an intake, please contact Mike at [email protected] or 908-747-1189
Classes are currently being offered virtually on Monday evenings from 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.